I am rich. I am rich enough! Every day I am blessed to dance into my studio and share art, beauty, joy and love with beautiful people. So many true, tiny miracles of everyday joy.
1. Celeste brought her pet snails into the studio for the 'little prince' Summer camp. This one you see in the photo above is Sneaky - and he WAS! Always climbing out of his jar after nibbling on dried flower petals and winding his verrrrry slow, happy way into Celeste's loving hands. (things take as long as they take when it comes to love)
2. Each day before our classes begin in the studio we take a minute to breathe quietly in a peaceful moment of gentle mindfulness before we leap into creative gusts of abandon. Tiny mediations to inspire beautiful wisps of expressive soul! It allows a simple portal so we can create with presence.
3. Creative tip of the week: Ask your child to close their eyes and then place an object into their open hands for a minute or so and ask them to feel it without looking. (feather, flower, lemon, antlers - SNAILS!) Then place it away out of sight and ask them to open their eyes and sketch it! MindFUL sketching! Kids adore this!
4. This week a very lovely woman named Caroline signed up for a Fall Session of 'Blue Sky' Acrylic Painting. She told me she was so excited to begin and it was a 'simple gesture' of self love to gift herself this class. I'm always happiest when I see others thrilled to embark on a creative journey. I want a lifetime of days like this. Creative expression brightens our world.
5. High tea. Never underestimate the JOY of high tea. (thank you Carol Ann!)
Naturally I celebrate all these gifts in my life - All this creative love into the big beautiful beyond.
AND! It's a Blue Moon on Friday - the last one until 2018! I might take my watercolour paint set down to the beach Friday evening and paint a lovely, transcendent moon.
Tonight I am heading out on a boat with my daughter's boyfriend's family and friends to see the Festival of Light in English Bay. I shall share some photo's with you later!
Sending love your way,
Thank you for visiting me!