Today I thought it would be nice to talk about biking. Actually, that's a lie. I thought it would be nice to eat a slice of cake for breakfast, then chat about biking. (after I enjoyed a lovely cycle around False Creek first of course) Biking is the ultimate happiness and here are a few reasons why...
1. Biking is such a cool ride and puts a big fat smile on your face. And then everyone sees your big smile and smiles BIG too. (which is entirely world-beautifying)
2. It is l a w here in Canada that you have to have a bicycle bell. And there a zillion adorable, cool, modern, vintage, funny bicycle bells to fit every individuals style. And if you have to use your bike bell it sounds happy and friendly - not mean and angry the way most car horns do.
3. Cycling gives you sexy legs and who doesn't want sexy legs? I want sexy legs! And it's a happy work out, not a silly grunt and groan/resent every minutes kind of workout.
4. There are no gas costs, no insurance costs to cycling. And excellent free parking every time super close to wherever you are going.
5. It feels delightful to shop for fresh veggies and fruit and wine and flowers - there are amazing endorphins released when you pack up your basket with such lovely lovely things.
6. The Earth gives you extra high fives for your good efforts. You know, zero emissions and all that life affirming stuff.
7. You get to enjoy the most amazing invention ever and own your own convertible.
8. It feels like flying ! And who doesn't want to feel like they are flying?!
Now here is the best part(y) for anyone who may not have a bicycle. We have one in the studio! Come visit and take a spin around the Market or False Creek while your kiddos create amazing art! Fill your basket with veggies and flowers and wine and when your child is finished their supremely awesome Art class - head home with a big smile on your face.